- Do your exterior lights illuminate all entrances to your home? Yes No
- Is the shrubbery kept trimmed back so a burglar can not hide near your windows or doors? Yes No
- Are garage doors kept closed and locked at all times? Yes No
- Are exterior doors made of solid core construction (including the door leading from the garage to the house)? Yes No
- Is there a peephole viewer (180 degree) on the front door? Yes No
- Are sliding glass doors secured with an auxiliary lock or pined, and are there screws in the track to prevent door removal? For details see page on sliding glass doors Yes No
- Are exterior doors secured with a security deadbolt lock? Yes No
- Are windows secured with auxiliary-keyed locks that are master keyed or secured with a pin device? Yes No
- Do you keep your doors locked at all times? Yes No
- Have you marked all of your valuable items with your Florida driver's license and photographed nonmarkable items? Yes No
Dear Community Member,
Each year thousands fall victim to theft related crimes. Detectives responsible for the investigation of these offenses rely heavily upon detailed descriptions of stolen property to aid in its recovery. Without specific manufacturer information, the likelihood of recovery is significantly reduced. The Leesburg Police Department has included a simple inventory form to assist you in the recording you personal valuables. We have listed the most commonly stolen items to assist you in this process.
Once completed retain the form for your own records. If you become a victim of crime, detectives will immediately enter the serial numbers from the stolen items into National Criminal Information Center and search area pawn records.
Click here to get the form in Microsoft Word (DOC) format
Click here to get the form in Adobe (PDF) format